theSkyNet

Forum for users of theSkyNet

Alliance Membership

Bugs, ideas, thoughts. Any thing goes

Alliance Membership

Postby ggreybeard » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:45 am

It is my understanding that there are two types of Alliance - one for 'theSkyNet' and one for 'SkyNet POGS'.

I founded the 'Macarthur Astronomical Society' Alliance in theSkyNet and used the same name to found a team in BOINC, which works for a number of projects, including POGs.

As founder of both, I am disturbed to find myself removed from my own 'theSkyNet' alliance! Whilst I am currently confining myself to BOINC processing, I made no decision to leave my own group and I may also wish to contribute with that option in the future. It now appears leaderless!

Another of our members (Tachyon) was also removed from the alliance recently but seems to be back now - but removed from the POGs team instead. What is happening?

Could you please restore me to the alliance and also restore me as founder - without removing me from the POGs team; or are you trying to consolidate the groups somehow?

Thank you, :)
ggreybeard

Re: Alliance Membership

Postby eckley » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:21 am

Hey Ggreybeard,

You are correct we are try to consolidate the groups. As the POGS project is coming out of the testing stage we are incorporating into the main theSkyNet website. So your credits from both SourceFinder (the original theSKyNet project) and POGS will contribute to your total theSkyNet credit. Users will then be able to choose which project they would like to contribute or both.

The decision was made to incorporate POGS teams as well. This means that you can't be a member of both a POGS team and a original team. If you would like to move back, you will first have to leave the team on the pogs website http://pogs.theskynet.org/pogs/home.php, then rejoin the orgional team. Let me know when you've done that and i'll fix you back up as the leader.

We are still in the testing stages of this, so I would value your feedback or suggestions.

Cheers
Alex
eckley

Postby ggreybeard » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:20 pm

OK I have quit the Macarthur Astronomical Society team from the POGS page. As I am the last one to leave you may close that alliance :|

Please now restore me to the original team and restore me as leader.

After you have done that, I may have some further questions, depending on what happens. :)

Thanks Eckley!

Regards,

Roger
ggreybeard

Postby ggreybeard » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:31 pm

Sorry, reread and realised I had to rejoin myself. Not sure if I did the right thing. It just looks like I may have rejoined the one I left. Is that right? :?
ggreybeard

Postby eckley » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:24 am

ggreybeard wrote:Sorry, reread and realised I had to rejoin myself. Not sure if I did the right thing. It just looks like I may have rejoined the one I left. Is that right? :?

Yea you have, Up to you which one you'd rather be part of though.
Alex
eckley

Postby ggreybeard » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:33 am

Sorry, Eckley. I now realise which page I had to go to in order to rejoin. I have now done that and would like to be reinstated as group leader.

Thanks very much.

:)
ggreybeard

Postby eckley » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:58 am

No worries. Thats all fixed now, sorry for the confusion with everything.

I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions you have.

Alex
eckley

Postby ggreybeard » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:16 am

I have not been admitted as the leader of the team yet - but of more concern to me is that my BOINC manager now tells me I am no longer contributing to a SkyNet team for POGs.

How do my BOINC credits get credited to the team?

I think I may be missing something here.
ggreybeard

Postby eckley » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:46 am

I fixed you as the leader,

You are correct. Your POGS credits are still applied to the alliance but not the BOINC team. Sadly we don't have any control over the BOINC system. So you would have to make a choice which system you would like to use for your team.

Alex
eckley

Postby ggreybeard » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:21 am

Thanks Eckley. I've not clearly understood what is involved. :oops:

I am truly sorry to have mucked you about - but I have rejoined the 'Macarthur Astronomical Society' POGS team on BOINC because that is where I am contributing.

I am not sure where that leaves me with the SourceFinder team as I cannot find the "Leave Alliance" link. :roll: (Maybe the leader cannot leave?)

I just hope all my credits remain intact!

Regards,

Roger
ggreybeard

Next

Return to site support