theSkyNet

Forum for users of theSkyNet

Trophy Ideas

Bugs, ideas, thoughts. Any thing goes

Trophy Ideas

Postby eckley » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:05 am

Hey everyone,
As part of the new theSkyNet website I've coded up a new trophy system. The new system will allow us to hand out trophies based on any criteria we like, so get those thinking caps on and suggest us some new trophies! As a thank you for helping us beta test you'll get an exclusive trophy awarded to you on September 13th, and the best 50 ideas for trophies from our beta testers WILL be will be included in the new site.

For each suggestion we will need the following:
  • Trophy Name
  • Trophy Description
  • Idea for the trophy image. (Don't worry we can take care of the final image if you like)
  • Criteria for awarding the trophy.

Cheers
Alex
theSkyNet WebMaster
eckley

Re: Trophy Ideas

Postby eckley » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:29 am

And too get you started here are a couple of examples
  • The Fly Swat.
  • Bugs are a frustrating part of any computer program. Fixes bugs can be almost as satisfying as swatting flies. The Fly Swat has been awarded to everyone who helped crush bugs during the testing of the new website.
  • Picture of a fly being crushed by a fly swat.
  • Handed out to everyone involved in testing the new websites.

• Blast Off, the Second Stage
  • Multi-stage rockets have been used to propel 'things' into space since 1959. We’re hoping the second stage of theSkyNet will help propel us forward towards bigger and brighter science.
  • A rocket with lots of flames
  • Awarded to anyone who gets credit on September 13th, 2013.

Disclaimer: These examples are in no way official just my personal ideas on a Friday afternoon.

Alex
eckley

Postby cameron » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:43 am

eckley wrote:Hey everyone,
As part of the new theSkyNet website I've coded up a new trophy system. The new system will allow us to hand out trophies based on any criteria we like, so get those thinking caps on and suggest us some new trophies! As a thank you for helping us beta test you'll get an exclusive trophy awarded to you on September 13th, and the best 50 ideas for trophies from our beta testers WILL be will be included in the new site.

Just wondering when and where the beta testers exclusive trophy is?

I do like the new elemental and storage war categories

-- Cameron
cameron

Postby eckley » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:06 am

cameron wrote:Just wondering when and where the beta testers exclusive trophy is?

I do like the new elemental and storage war categories

-- Cameron

Its on it's way :) I've got a list of everyone that signed in during the testing period :)

Thanks
Alex
eckley

Postby steve hawker* » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:11 pm

for 3,141,529 cr:

Name: Pi
Description: The single most important non-integer in the history of the universe. Discuss.
Image: Greek Symbol, naturally
Criteria: Does it need one?
steve hawker*

Postby eckley » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:02 am

Hey Steve,

Thanks for posting :). I'm sad to stay we're one step ahead of you here http://www.theskynet.org/trophies/113?locale=en although we had a slightly different Idea on design, what do you think?

Keep 'em coming.

Cheers
Alex
eckley

Postby steve hawker* » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:02 am

Denied!

Pie!! Hahah haha. I love meat pies from the Bakery. If only they did that here in the US - its a heck of a trip to my favorite bakehouse.

I would express a personal preference for the classic pi symbol but perhaps there's a subtlety to winning this particular badge of which I am unaware due to being denied!

And on that subject - I'm OK with being denied the description, but it would be cool to see the values needed. Reason is that during the challenge I was hitting over 20k daily and my RAC was booming. If I knew I was just 300 cr from the next Elemental, I might have stayed on a little longer post-challenge. In other words, show where the carrots are - there are plenty of them it seems, and more people will bite... You could give the values of the next trophy in each category. Badge hunters love to know where the treasure is.

I'm not surprised you have pi on the list. What about: e, c, G, AU? I'd like to suggest the Hubble constant but which value?

Excellent work, btw, POGS is fantastic.

Steve
steve hawker*

Postby steve hawker* » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:04 am

eckley wrote:Its on it's way :) I've got a list of everyone that signed in during the testing period :)

Thanks
Alex

What was the testing period? Or simpler - when did it end?

Is this the same as the 9/13 Trophy?

Confused, me.
steve hawker*

Postby eckley » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:17 am

steve hawker* wrote:What was the testing period? Or simpler - when did it end?

Is this the same as the 9/13 Trophy?

Confused, me.

This Troph http://www.theskynet.org/trophies/120?locale=en. It was handed out to everyone who signed into the test site before 9/13. Then there was a second trophy http://www.theskynet.org/trophies/118?locale=en That went out to everyone one signed into the site on the 13th.

steve hawker* wrote:
I'm not surprised you have pi on the list. What about: e, c, G, AU? I'd like to suggest the Hubble constant but which value?

Excellent work, btw, POGS is fantastic.

Steve

Thanks I'll add those to the list of new trophy ideas :)

Alex
eckley

Postby steve hawker* » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:25 am

eckley wrote:Then there was a second trophy http://www.theskynet.org/trophies/118?locale=en That went out to everyone one signed into the site on the 13th.

Ah yes, I don't have this on my list.

Sorry to be a pain Alex, but I think I signed in on that date. At least, it says so here --->

Is this one of those time zone hiccups?

Cheers,

S.
steve hawker*

Next

Return to site support