theSkyNet

Forum for users of theSkyNet

Please bring back RSS! And the site map doesn't exist

Bugs, ideas, thoughts. Any thing goes

Please bring back RSS! And the site map doesn't exist

Postby needscoffee » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:10 pm

Hi, just wanted to mention that I noticed in my RSS reader that I wasn't seeing any news from theSkyNet and discovered that the old RSS feed for the blog wasn't working any more now the fab new site is live. Of course I can see the blog doesn't exist any more but it'd be great if we could have an RSS feed for the news page perhaps. If not could you make the old RSS url respond with a 410 so readers know it doesn't exist any more?
If you did want to do RSS then could you maybe do a 301 for the original url (http://theskynet.org/blog/?feed=rss2) to the new url? I imagine you can determine the popularity of RSS by looking in the web server logs for failed requests to the above page.

Also whilst attempting to find a new rss page (which of course doesn't exist) I tried your site map page, which also doesn't exist, and got a 404. Oops!

Just trying to help :geek:
NickC (UK)
needscoffee

Re: Please bring back RSS! And the site map doesn't exist

Postby eckley » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:51 am

Hey NickC

I can certainly set up a rss feed it shouldn't be too hard.. Do you think a feed that includes notifications of new trophies that you've one would be useful as well?

Cheers
Alex
eckley

Re: Please bring back RSS! And the site map doesn't exist

Postby eckley » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:09 am

Hey NickC,

So I took me a little longer to get round to this than i'd planned but we now have a feed http://www.theskynet.org/news.atom?locale=en.

Let me know if that works for you :)

Cheers
Alex
eckley

Return to site support