theSkyNet

Forum for users of theSkyNet

Welcome

Bugs, ideas, thoughts. Any thing goes

Welcome

Postby eckley » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:06 am

Hey

Thank you again for taking the time to test the new theSkyNet website.
Now is there perfect time to provide feedback on any aspect of the site or to provide future feature requests.

Alex
theSkyNet Webmaster
eckley

Re: Welcome

Postby mtnbkrt20 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:37 am

I like it so far, I really like the slider features to watch our progress. But I still havn't found a "total data contributed" feature. We have totals for the month, but they reset each month and dissapear, a feature that showed our total data would be neat.
mtnbkrt20

Postby eckley » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:24 am

mtnbkrt20 wrote:I like it so far, I really like the slider features to watch our progress. But I still havn't found a "total data contributed" feature. We have totals for the month, but they reset each month and dissapear, a feature that showed our total data would be neat.

Cheers for the feedback, I think I should be able to add that pretty easily I'll look into it.

Alex
eckley

Postby marcel » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:38 pm

Hello

The links on the download page are broken:
http://theskynet.org/pages/download?locale=en

All installer links point to http://theskynet.org/pages/download?locale=en#
marcel

Postby eckley » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:13 am

marcel wrote:Hello

The links on the download page are broken:
http://theskynet.org/pages/download?locale=en

All installer links point to http://theskynet.org/pages/download?locale=en#

Thanks Marcel,
I'll fix that asap.
Alex
eckley

Postby kirsten » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:44 am

Hi Marcel,

When I click on the download links I get a pop up that goes to the download and has instructions (it's kind of an overlay pop up not an actual new window) - maybe you have some aggressive settings on a popup blocker or something that has blocked the message coming up?

Cheers,
Kirsten
kirsten

Postby marcel » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:37 pm

All is working great again, thanks for the fix Alex!
marcel

Re: New Combined System

Postby roger@brisbane » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:46 am

Hi Guys,

It's great about the joining of POGS & Skynet - I have no problems with that at all - After all, most of us are in Alliances.

What I would like to see (if at all possible, and I know you are all Volunteers) on the SkyNet Web page is the following :-

A little preamble firstly -

I run 4 x computers PLUS about 4 x Androids, from old Samsung Galaxy #1 original issue tablet AND Galaxy #1 phone (having upgraded) to my current S3 phone and Google Nexus 7" (ver 1). (The Androids are fine the way they go, so to speak)

I see on each of my Windows boxes a part of the Dashboard showing "You are now contributing to theSkyNet."

What I am suggesting that the Skynet Webpage reflect a list of ALL my Windows boxes on the one page (I'm not too concerned about the Android ones), so I can see which one is not working on any computer (4 are running in the garage, this one from my bedroom) - You need only to show the C: Drive Name and / or the Operating System and Computer manufacturer, or the something like network names I use e.g. Qosmio-i7, Toshiba-i3, Roger-i7-PC, HP-XP-2Core, Dell-XP

All in all a VERY GOOD Webpage and thank you for your time and effort to bring it to this current version

Kind regards
ROGER@BRISBANE (I actually live in Brisbane, Qld, AU)
roger@brisbane

Postby eckley » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:26 am

Hey Roger,

Great to have you on the project. We've add people request a similar feature before so its something I will look into.
Are you interested in SourceFinder (the older Java based system) or POGS (using BOINC, the newer system).

Cheers
Alex
eckley

Postby roger@brisbane » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:20 pm

[quote="eckley"]Hey Roger,

Great to have you on the project. We've add people request a similar feature before so its something I will look into.
Are you interested in SourceFinder (the older Java based system) or POGS (using BOINC, the newer system).
===============================
G'Day from Brisbane,

Thanks for the reply Alex,

I an a relatively newbie to this now combined project - I have been using BOINC for about 2 years off and on and only came to the POGS recently, when our Forum BOINC@AUSTRALIA voted to go to POGS for our quarterly Challenge in September this year. So all my points have been racked up since then. I had a lot of problems with Skynet using JAVA on one old i3 laptop - I am just happy to use my old computers and Android tablets & phones to do the processing and rack up the points ha ha !!

All the Windows based cpu's are using the background processing and NOT JAVA I think !! As I am processing BOINC as well as Skynet, my CPU gadget shows the cpu's running hard on the multi-core machines

I am currently running the following Windows BOINC Projects - Cosmology, Edges, Einstein, Enigma, Fight Malaria, Milky Way, Poem, POGS / Skynet, Rosetta, Seti, World Community, Yoyo (As our challenges dropped off, I just kept them going).

BTW, one of the last 3 Enigma messages we were processing has been cracked in the past couple of months !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SETI is about my longest running project, as I would love to get a message that we are not alone.

Regards
Roger Fullwood, Brisbane AU

Once again, Alex, congrats for your work with the merger
roger@brisbane

Next

Return to site support